Monday, October 8, 2012

6th Grade-Creative Writing Piece

Author's Note: This was my creative piece for 6th grade. I didn't make any big changes to the piece before I post it onto my blog, so this piece was almost all created and edited by my 6th grade mind. I hope you enjoy it!


     
     Shzzzzzz… Bling!  As the sparkles faded, I opened my eyes to see a wonderful candy land. Now, I know you think I’m lying, but I’m not. A leprechaun beer teleporter happened to teleport me here because…well, I’m not really sure, just that some elf wanted to have a taste of leprechaun beer, and I was sitting in the teleporter, reading a book. All but some of the elves live in the candy land, mainly because they like to party, and no party is complete without candy (according to them).
        Anyhow, I had landed myself in a place where trees were giant lollipops and flowers were peppermints and chocolate. I looked on the ground, just in time to find a little swirly lollipop tree, and so, to not waste the opportunity, I gracefully plucked it from the ground and started eating it. The sweet flavor burst in my mouth, and I gasped in delight.
         As I walked around the delicious candy world, I happened to finish my lollipop. I knew that I could eat the stick, but out of habit (believe it or not, I have come here before), I threw the stick on the ground, hoping, like others, it would grow another lollipop.
        You probably have guessed by now, but I’ll say it anyway: The stick didn’t grow back another mini lollipop tree. Instead, it started growing, taller and taller. Into what, I didn’t know. Well, I soon found that out. It turned into a great white tree. Oddly, I could hear elves partying inside it. I walked in a circle around the tree, looking for the door. I eventually found it, though it took quite a long time to get in (Elves the teeniest, tiniest doors). As soon as I squeezed through the door, I was met with the full blast of an elf’s party.
        Here’s what a normal elf’s party looks like: streamers and balloons are all over the place, at least 20 tables are sagging with the weight of 1000 plates of hors ‘devours, and (at the very least) 100 elves are there, running and screaming and partying their heads off.  Well, this elf’s party was much crazier than a normal elf’s party. Way.  The tree looked like it was about to explode because of the amount of elves.  I ducked as a mushy Hershey plus Butterfinger combo flew my way. I ducked again as an elf followed. 
Anyways, I got up, sniffed the air, and found this was the elf that ordered leprechaun beer. Uh oh, I thought, Partying elves + leprechaun beer= t-r-o-u-b-l-e. My thought was proved by the staggering elf that passed by me mumbling, “Quadricorns are yummy…rawr.” Then this drunken elf shot off a chocolate bullet, which I happened to catch with my mouth. The elf staggered back toward the center of the party. Why they have guns there, I do not know.
I just started to follow him when an elf dressed in pink and purple (the host, I think) yelled, “There! An intruder! Get rid of her!”  Great, I thought, just great.  I tried to run but a throng of elves blocked the way, forcing me to back up. The host grabbed a nearby molasses gun, aimed, and shot it. A giant teleporter truffle popped out. It landed just about a foot away from me on the ground.
Suddenly, I heard a faint tick-tock of a clock, or, a bomb ticking away. I tried to jump back from the truffle, but it was too late. With a loud crack, the humongous, deluxe, not bite-sized, chocolate drizzled teleporting goodness exploded. Boom!  Spirals of purple and blue appeared and started swirling around me. In the background, I heard one (drunk with leprechaun beer) elf say, “Why did ya havta do that? I mean, she’s a quadricorn!” My goodness, these elves will never get a paid job. Seriously, which lunatic would hire somebody that says that?
So, after all those messed up scenes, I found myself teleported back in my bedroom. I landed right when my brother shot a Nerf Dart right on my forehead. I sighed. I knew my brother would have used a pixie to do that. They can tell the future, and they’re always up to no good, so my brother loves to use them for pranks (he always acts innocent). I took the sticky Nerf Dart off of my forehead and went to bed even though it was only 8:00, and prepared my mind for another day of magical mischief, hazards, and otherwise known as a normal day of my magical life. 

1 comment:

  1. I love this piece. It is so creative and enjoyable to read. There is a definite talent here that you exhibit -- a talent for creating a vision of your own. I would recommend reading some literature that is in the same genre. I can advise you of some more sophisticated titles you could read, and see if there is something about fantasy that resonates with you.

    ReplyDelete

Fish (Try to Find the Ninja Fish)