
This is a Chinese toy called a shuttlecock, or jianzi (in Chinese).
The shuttlecock has been around since 5th century B.C in China, and it is believed that the shuttlecock was first used in military training. Shuttlecock is even mentioned in some ancient books. You play with it in a group of people, and kick it up in the air. Technically, you can use any part of your body to keep it up in the air, except your hands. The point of the game is to not let it touch the ground. You can even do tricks with the shuttlecock, such as aiming and kicking it into a hoop, or kick it with your foot behind you.

From my experience, the hardest part is aiming it at a certain person. Kicking the shuttlecock up into the air is actually very easy, especially if you have good foot-eye co-ordination. Receiving it is a bit harder. Shuttlecock is best played in big groups of people outside on the grass.


Here's another set of pictures of a plush monkey hanging on the ceiling. I took a picture of this monkey to remind myself that monkeys and other animals are being hurt by some people's actions. Monkeys live in rain forests, and some forests are probably being cut down as I type (or as you're reading this). This causes these monkeys to die, because they don't have the right habitat or food to live. Currently, there is only 20% of the original forests left. It's the same for other animals and their habitats too. For example, some people throw trash like plastic bags in the ocean. This can cause dolphins or other fish to suffocate if they accidentally swallow the bag. And as well as destroying and polluting animals' habitats, we're also polluting our own. The ice burgs are melting, oils underground are running out (did you ever notice that gas prices are higher?), there's extreme weather happening more often, diseases spread more easily, the sea level's rising, and there's too much drought and famines happening. And this is all because most of the population doesn't bother recycling, reducing, reusing, and planting trees. Make a difference. Be the smart person. Use both sides of the paper, bring reusable water bottles, recycle plastic bags, reduce your use of energy-wasting products, and if you have the time and space, plant a tree or two. And, as an extra warning, watch out for cows. Their burps release methane, which is exactly 23 times worse than carbon dioxide. Eat less beef and more chicken and pork Save the earth!


This board says: Nothing Happens Unless First We Dream. I dream. A lot. I think about new ways to help the earth, so everyone who climbed up a mountain could see lush forests, and not dead trees or barren ground. I try to think about how I could help others, and how I could become a better person. Mostly, I dream about how I want to impact the world. Maybe, I could become a artist who paints/draws pictures that inspire others. Maybe, I could become an engineer who helps green-ify buildings. Maybe, I could become a doctor who helps cure a million diseases. The possibilities are pretty much endless. I hope everyone else dreams, too, on how they can make the world a better place. And once you decide to go through with that dream, I hope nobody gives up on it. Ironically, I'm the type of person who tends to give up quite a bit. Not a lot, but still, quite a bit. I hope most people aren't like me. I dream of the day when everyone (especially me) can accomplish and achieve their goals
I really liked how you gave a strong opinion about your three objects you chose. Maybe put the part at the end in an author's note but otherwise your writing was pretty good. Great job!
ReplyDelete